Got a new SAKO

SoCalHunter

Apr 10, 2011
Got talked into a new SAKO 85 by a friend of mine (NBK) in .260 rem. I guess I had to get one in that caliber so I wouldn't be bugged by a few guys I know about not having one...HA HA...so there! I have one now! Who else has a rifle in that caliber of any sort or anything in the 6.5mm family. If so what do you like about it...

My wife shoots a Sako Finlight in 260, its accurate' no recoil and you can eat right up to the bullet hole as there is very little blood shot meat. I've been loading her up with Nosler partitions and they work great.

Way to go John! You are going to enjoy your new rig! The Sako 85 is the best gun on the planet under $2000...

Last edited:
I bought my son Sako Forester in 243. I gave it to him when he was 11, not a big 243 fan but a Sako fan for sure. Congrats on a excellent purchase.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu