Got drawn for military weekend duck hunt

Johngray361

Nov 12, 2018
I got drawn for wister on the 13th of Feb. New to this wildlife refuge scenario so just curious what to expect. I'm pretty sure I have all documentation and have decoys, waders, shotgun and calls, just never done a public land hunt like this. What else do yall bring with yall during these hunts, also opening an invite to anyone who wants to join, trying to keep the count down to just a few but one or 2 people would be cool(pretty sure they have to be military). Thanks for any info you can provide and have a great day.

Congrats and thank you for your service! Sounds like your set..you def need the type A pass and also bring a walking stick, broom handle or old ski pole for the mud..you wont regret it! oh and you will need the Federal Duck Stamp if you don't already have it.

Lol no prob honestly I wish I could take anyone who knows about this stuff because I know nothing about the duck hunting out here

You should be able to take a non shooter.... maybe someone who know the refuge.

check with refuge.

I only made it out to Wister once this year, but I suggest being patient and waiting for close shots, we drew a low number and blew a couple good opportunities by getting impatient and shooting too soon. Be patient and you’ll be rewarded!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu