Got one

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
Went surf fishing. I'm new. Hand full of surfperch, corbina and shovel nose shark

And a monster sand crab!

Attachments

• Johnny.png
    Johnny.png
    2 MB · Views: 94
  • Johnny1.png
    Johnny1.png
    2 MB · Views: 99
I know it's a different kind of sand crab does anyone know the name. I caught a way bigger one a few years back in Carlsbad

Always sideways

Nice job Johnny. Be careful, surf fishing can turn into an obsession. Corbina and halibut from the surf are like trophy fishing.

There was a time when I fished the beach 4-5 days a week. Snake Charmer and I used to hit the beach after work or in the morning and kill some pretty respectable halibut. And like SC said, the corbs are like a bonefish. They hit your bait like a freight train and pull really hard on 4lb test!

I might just have to dust of the light tackle and get out there!

Invisible man said:
Nice crab. Do you shave your chest?

I actually shaved it the morning before I went fishing. That's just how much grew in couple hours

I hit the surf fishing hard for a summer or two, and never caught a corbina! Plenty of perch, sandsharks, and shovelnose. I think that's just a regular sand crab, but BIG!

I always wanted to use my bowfishing equipment to arrow the corbina when they slide up onto the beach, but I think people would get pretty worried if I walked along Imperial Beach or Mission Beach with a bow in my hands!

Love to fish the surf, havent been out yet this year. I love hitting it early in the morning and killing the perch for hours. Ive caught quite a few Corbina but never a halibut .

We should have a surf fishing fun tourney. Maybe $10.00 to get in and single heaviest fish of any species takes all. That would be a fun day in the sun. All entries must be a SCH member.

When. Can we do blacks I like to fish naked. Will it be teams who wants to be my partner

Any member can fish at any beach that has surf. you won't have to all fish together. So the guys from up north can enter too. It should be a one day event. $10 big fish pool optional. They can enter a pic of there fish hanging on a digital scale caught on said day. The night before we will release the name of an item that must be in the photo of your catch thus proving that the pic was taken on said day. For example if the indicator item is pencil, then any photo entry must have a pencil in the pic with the fish on the scale. We will release the name of the indicator item after sundown the night before. of course if we do this we will fine tune the details. Im just kinda thinking out loud, so let me know if it sounds lame. Who knows it could turn into an annual get together fun event.

Invisible man said:
We should have a surf fishing fun tourney. Maybe $10.00 to get in and single heaviest fish of any species takes all. That would be a fun day in the sun. All entries must be a SCH member.
[/quote

I'm in head it up and name the place]

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu