Got out in the wind yesterday

Boudroux

Jan 26, 2013
I hunted a friends property yesterday off the 138 close to the 5 frwy. Holy smokes the wind was crazy and we didn't see many birds but I managed to get a couple. Half the time yesterday it felt like the birds were smarter then my old man and I. They were hunkered down somewhere out of the wind while we got chapped lips and grit the size of marbles blown into our eyes. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

XpS2pK3.jpg

Thanks all. The few that did fly had me thinking of the ludicrous speed scene in Spaceballs

https://youtu.be/Vbm9sYUMc4g

Went out today and the wind was calm, the birds were flyin', and my shots were missing...ha...not limit but my honey hole always has at least two for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu