Great afternoon at the "Hodge"...Still shakin'...lol

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
The one thing I've always had is patience when hunting or fishing...Today, I fished for an 1 1/2 hours without a bump...Then a little before 4:00 pm, I got my 1st taker...Might have been a crappie or a bass taking it off a nest...Soft bite and missed it...Then a few minutes later, I had a solid bump...4 lb'er...I go about another 10 minutes and get a buck...Then another dink...Moved a few feet down the barren bank and make a really long cast (for a fly lined Senko)...Let it sink and I reel up the slack...Hmmm...Kind of heavy for that deep of water...Then I see line straighten out...Setting the hook is free, so I did...No controlling this girl on 8 lb...Let her burn...With the lake so low, there's really no trees in the water...Finally got her turned and beached...Best bass in a long time...A little over 9 lbs on a spring scale (tried to bounce her to 10, no dice...lol)...Ended up catching 2 more fish including a nice 2 1/2...Fun, fun afternoon.

ps...Stitching a Senko was the lure of choice.

pss...That's my blowout $5.00 Wal-Mart rod...Who needs G Loomis ( I love my Loomis rods)....lol

.018.JPG007.JPG028.JPG

Awesome Steve. I am inspired. Looking forward to catching some with you this year. Way to get the ball rolling. I haven't caught a beast like that in decades. Thanks for sharing.

Stevo, Doesn't matter much but cut out the background I've lived up that way long enough to know that spot. Congrats that's a good one.

Fred,

If I thought it made a difference, I would hide it...Hell, even today, I had to fish around about 30 folks there...lol

Reactions: NBK
The one thing I've always had is patience when hunting or fishing...Today, I fished for an 1 1/2 hours without a bump...Then a little before 4:00 pm, I got my 1st taker...Might have been a crappie or a bass taking it off a nest...Soft bite and missed it...Then a few minutes later, I had a solid bump...4 lb'er...I go about another 10 minutes and get a buck...Then another dink...Moved a few feet down the barren bank and make a really long cast (for a fly lined Senko)...Let it sink and I reel up the slack...Hmmm...Kind of heavy for that deep of water...Then I see line straighten out...Setting the hook is free, so I did...No controlling this girl on 8 lb...Let her burn...With the lake so low, there's really no trees in the water...Finally got her turned and beached...Best bass in a long time...A little over 9 lbs on a spring scale (tried to bounce her to 10, no dice...lol)...Ended up catching 2 more fish including a nice 2 1/2...Fun, fun afternoon.

pss...That's my blowout $5.00 Wal-Mart rod...Who needs G Loomis ( I love my Loomis rods)....lol

.View attachment 48028View attachment 48031View attachment 48030
That’s awesome Steve!!

.View attachment 48028View attachment 48031View attachment 48030
That is quite an afternoon, congrats

Great fish! Congrats Steve. I fished Dixon and caught nothing. My boy grabbed a couple of trout. Not a bad Saturday in totality.

Great fish! Congrats Steve. I fished Dixon and caught nothing. My boy grabbed a couple of trout. Not a bad Saturday in totality.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu