Great Finish 1-31-16

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Well, it's great to have close friends that own duck clubs....lol....Jacob, Stefanie and I hit it yesterday at about 11:00 am.....Didn't take long to start picking off greenwings, cinnies, & spoons.....Then a 3 pack of canvasbacks came winging thru and I surgically removed the bull.....lol.....Jacob finished our 14 bird limit with a greenhead & bull sprig..... 8)

ps.....I think the 40 mph helped....... ;)

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    492.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    532.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    523.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    527.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    578.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    553.6 KB · Views: 32
Steve, that blind looks like the Ritz! Nice way to end the season. Congrats.

Nice job guys way to close it out.

Way to go on the closer!

Did you see the Rainbow yesterday about 4:40 PM? Off the hook!

Was in the same area as the club.

Slayersmith said:
Way to go on the closer!

Did you see the Rainbow yesterday about 4:40 PM? Off the hook!

Was in the same area as the club.

Aaron,

Stefanie took pictures of it.....Don't know how they came out....Were you in Myron's front field? And how'd you do.....I was driving the van yesterday, saw you guys......The ride home was really fun..... :eek:

Yeah, we were in the front field.

Geese were a no show even with the wind. Had 1 group of about 10 come in about 30ft off the deck to the refuge line and turn around, at about 2pm and that was it.

First light the ducks just piled into the refuge, big flights, flight after flight after flight. Pretty cool to watch.

Lots of ducks flying from Myron's pond to the refuge pretty much all day. My shooting was way off with the wind blowing, shot 2 boxes for only 2 mallards and 1 spoon.

The drive home was two hands on the wheel :eek:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu