Ground Blind Setup

Bowhunter_619

Sep 24, 2011
Temecula
How many of you hunt out of ground blinds? I have a few questions...

1) How far off a trail do you set up? Is this based on comfort of your shooting ability or terrain?

2) How early in advance do you set up your blind?

3) Does anyone camo the blind with natural sticks, trees and brush?

Just trying to pick the various brains of successfull hunters we have here.

Thanks.

1)Sitting in a chair in a blind I would feel comfortable with the 50 yard pin but would still try and get the blind to within 30 yards of the trail.
2) 1 week. Give them time to get used to it.
3) Yes i will cut branches off of surrounding vegetation and camo it.

Good luck and stick a big one.

Its really important to cover it up. Especially at that close of a deer trail. Deer are smart and will pick it up in a heart beat. I made the mistake of just popping it up and not covering it with sticks and branches. When the deer were coming in they picked up the blind. The added branches and sticks also help cover scent, if any, from the blind itself. Good luck

Here is an example of a ground blind set-up that we used last year -

Attachments

• Goundblind.png
    Goundblind.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 54

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu