Ground Squirrels

Sdbirds

You can't kill it from your couch.
Jul 9, 2012
El Cajon
These things are one of my favorite animals to hunt haha. I am taking the longest shots and its a blast. Now if I can find more 22 ammo. I would talk more but target acquired. Got to go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
Ground squirrels legal in SoCal? Maybe I'm getting tree and ground mixed up. If they are I'm off to shoot some ground squirrels myself

Ya no tree Squirrels. They are big and gray I'm shooting whistle pigs the little rock pile bugers

My property is infested with the little buggers, we shoot as many as we can to keep them from tearing up our planted training field. Note to everyone, the squirrels in SD county have been found to carry fleas that are infected with the plague virus so don't handle them if you shoot one.

Snake Charmer said:
My property is infested with the little buggers, we shoot as many as we can to keep them from tearing up our planted training field. Note to everyone, the squirrels in SD county have been found to carry fleas that are infected with the plague virus so don't handle them if you shoot one.

My gramps is a dr. He had a little girl die from it Contracted through squirrels. Although this is in the 1970s. Does anyone know of any recent cases. I still don't mess with them though

TaftHunter said:
Even funner with a .25 Benjamin Marauder or .22 benjamin NPXL!

Not going to lie all I know about those calibers is I want to shoot them. I have shot some with big stuff sends them flying

It is that fun time of the year again. Time to go get my 17HMR CZ out of the safe and go lay waste to them. If there is anyone in the greater San Diego region with some private land in need of vermin control, my rates are very resonable and I police all my brass. 8)

Shootin Nuke said:
It is that fun time of the year again. Time to go get my 17HMR CZ out of the safe and go lay waste to them. If there is anyone in the greater San Diego region with some private land in need of vermin control, my rates are very resonable and I police all my brass. 8)

We may need to form a team and do some real damage

I will shoot every one I see. .177 pellet, 22 or hell 12 gauge if I'm out for rabbit or quail. They drive me nuts. From an auto industry perspective they can RUIN a car.

outdoordave said:
I will shoot every one I see. .177 pellet, 22 or hell 12 gauge if I'm out for rabbit or quail. They drive me nuts. From an auto industry perspective they can RUIN a car.
?

I totally hear you outdoordave. I hate the dammage rats and varmits cause on vehicles out in the sticks. I found this little guy stuck in the belt on one of the new diesel trucks I was working on...

Attachments

• IMG_20121213_160610_380.jpg
    IMG_20121213_160610_380.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu