GROUND SQURRLES

josecasillas

If it flies it dies, if it hops it drops....
Apr 24, 2012
san diego
I'VE BEEN SEEING LOTS OF GROUND SQUIRRLES, NOW I KNOW THERE IS NO SEASON FOR SQUIRRLES IN SAN DIEGO, BUT I HEARD U CAN HUNT GROUND SQUIRRLES. IS THIS TRUE? ??? ??? ???

Yes you can hunt ground squirrels. They are considered rodents (varmint) from everything I've read and done. Squirrels as it pertains to the regs is "tree squirrels". Blast away my friend!!!

Chapter 6. Nongame Animals

§472. General Provisions.

Except as otherwise provided in Sections 478 and 485 and subsections (a) through (d) below, nongame birds and mammals may not be taken.
•(a) The following nongame birds and mammals may be taken at any time of the year and in any number except as prohibited in Chapter 6: English sparrow, starling, coyote, weasels, skunks, opossum, moles and rodents (excluding tree and flying squirrels, and those listed as furbearers, endangered or threatened species).
•(b) Fallow, sambar, sika, and axis deer may be taken only concurrently with the general deer season.
•(c) Aoudad, mouflon, tahr, and feral goats may be taken all year.

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. I was gonna go out last nite after work but my wife decided to change my plans for me :D :D :D. I'll be out there this weekend though. Good day to all of u

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu