Ground venison chili

millbro said:
I always loved my wife's chili recipie. Never new I could enjoy it more with ground venison. Amazing! Pair it with some homemade cornbread and we got a winner

What time tomorrow for leftovers?

recipe:

a little olive oil
1 onion; diced
1 red bell pepper;diced
2 carrots; diced
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 pound ground venison (or any ground game meat)
1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 cups of water
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, seeded and minced (ingredient optional)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)

heat oil to medium, and add all vegetables and cook till tender (about 8-10 mins) Add cumin and meat and cook through while breaking meat up. Stir in tomatoes,water, chipotle, and adobo sauce, oregano and salt and pepper. stir from time to time, for 30 mins. stir in beans and continue cooking partially covered 20 mins longer.done!

Pour a big old bowl and top with some raw onions and cheddar cheese. Chow down!

Sorry it took so long to get the recipe up.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu