Gteam Thanksgiving buck !

Gteam1

Oct 13, 2012
www.youtube.com
Well this morning we set off looking for a thanksgiving buck. At first light we had already spotted a decent fork chasing a couple does. We decided to let that boy slide and go look for the 3x3 my dad saw a couple weeks ago. We kept glassing and spotted a big group of does, and of course there was a buck with em'
The buck pushed the does over a small ridge and we followed. We peeked our heads over and we saw a big fork with one antler starring us down. A couple seconds later another buck stepped out chasing some does. He was pushing right to the big fork that didn't seem to like it, as soon as he got close enough the buck charged the buck we though was the 3x3. The 3x3 took off but ended up coming back to the does.
My dad was the shooter on this trip since he really wanted to try and take one with his bow. He just started shooting his bow since he just had surgery not to long ago and this would be a great acomplishment. I kept feeding my dad the ranges but because the 3x was so rut crazed he never stopped for a shot. The buck came as close as 34 yards but never stopped chasing for a shot, the 3x buck got close to the big fork again and stopped at 55. My dad drew back and was ready to fire but the big fork chased the 3x out to 79 yards. I thought it was over but then the buck came back!!
He was closing the distance, hound doggin' the game trail he was on and finally stopped at 50 yards. By this time my dad was already at full draw ready to drill the buck. He released his arrow and made perfect contact. The buck face planted and stumbled down the hill. He only ran about 50 yards and expired. There was a lot of celebrating on that hill due to the fact my dad did it up again! When we finally got to the buck we saw that it was a broken off 3x4. Excellent buck, congrats dad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 266
you guys are machines!!!!!!

nice work congrats ! spending thanksgiving better than I am ....its never fun to be moving specially when all you want to do is hunt !

He is so dark was he rolling in something or is it the lighting or is he really that dark black color ?

baboltin said:
nice work congrats ! spending thanksgiving better than I am ....its never fun to be moving specially when all you want to do is hunt !

He is so dark was he rolling in something or is it the lighting or is he really that dark black color ?
No he's not that dark I think its the lightning. He is blood stained in the neck and chest area.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu