Guide to learn from

@Zachappa I'm new to Hunting as well. I had the privilege and honor to have a local hunter take me out 2017. And explain things to me. I only went out 4 times i believe. No harvest. It was such a learning experience. It changed my life forever. The 2018 season was eye opening to me. I spent a lot of time scouting. A lot of time and miles. I didn't harvest this year either, but my season was a complete success. It was successful before the hunt. I enjoy scouting and being out there. Learned so much observing. Then when the hunt part of the season came along. I knew where they would be. That was part one.
Part 2 was the actual hunt. I read everything I could get my hands on. Watched hours of YouTube videos. I had all the information needed, but no experience in the field with all that information. Trial and error was my first half of the 2018 season. For me nothing and I mean nothing can help you more than time out in the field. Playing the wind, sitting still and being quite. You can be told this over and over but only when you experience it for yourself. Will you understand it. As simple as it may sound. It takes seeing it with your own eyes.. I had 3 shot opportunities this last season. I had deer as close as 12 yards right in front of me with no cover. I was in the wide open. They never saw me. At that point it was all mental mistakes. All my hard work scouting hiking watching put me in that position.. That is why in my eyes my season was completely successful.. It all came together and made complete sense ... When I first joined the forum I was told boots on the ground.. That is absolutely the best advice ever.... I am not claiming to be an expert by any means. Just sharing my learning experience. Best of Luck to you man.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu