Gun Holster Advice

What some guys like may be nothing like what you have in mind. Just go out and look at several and make your own decision. Now if you want to know what kind of beer to drink, lots of guys can steer you in the right (their) direction.

• Haha
Reactions: sportyg
Larry could help...but he packs a 380..which is a small 9 I think...I miss Larry..

Reactions: ilovesprig
Larry could help...but he packs a 380..which is a small 9 I think...I miss Larry..
He just had a post on the SLID, detailing to some extent his near recovery of a buck he thinks he hit on a quartering away shot. Interesting read.

I can't imagine carrying my Shield in a pocket, are you not considering a belt holster?

Might not be everyone's style, but I have found a new level of confidence in CCW with this:

in combination with this:

Might not be everyone's style, but I have found a new level of confidence in CCW with this:

in combination with this:

Check this one out. Similar but no need to buy 2 different things with this one. I picked one up at the local gun show the other week for my Glock 27. The owner was a nice guy and had them on sale for $25.

Reactions: WrstDuckHntr
Check this one out. Similar but no need to buy 2 different things with this one. I picked one up at the local gun show the other week for my Glock 27. The owner was a nice guy and had them on sale for $25.

Looks pretty cool and would help the grip to ride above my belt more. As of now they don't sell one that fits my gun, but they do have for the OP M&P.

Last edited:
I have a Teir 1 Concealed and for my bino harness I got a marsupial gear that attaches to the bottom. Never thought I would carry a side arm while hunting but my friend got charged last year by a black bear in an area where we hunt with the kids. He was quartering an elk and little F'er came running in for a snack.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu