Gunsmith needed

DoubleTrouble

Sep 8, 2016
I have a LC Smith shotgun that was my grandads. It’s a double barrel that needs to be resoldered and is missing a firing pin. Let me know if there’s any reputable gunsmiths in So Cal area.

d1e4d75e120785cb077d7ee3a25e345a.jpg

85a6c86b099a8fcd5e2d824238b3ac22.jpg

Phil,

That's a very cool gun.....Check with Fine Firearms 1st.....If they can't help you.....Duncan's Dun Works here in North County (San Marcos) works on guns of that vintage.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
No disrespect for Fine Firearms (they know what to do to build a firearm) but Duncan's has a couple of old school smith's that have been at it forever and know this old stuff and how to get it done. It won't get done overnight (probably six months of standing in line) but it will get done right. These old weapons were hand built and require custom hand fitting.

P.S. You might also want to check with "Bolsa gun works" in L.A. They also specialize in the high end rare stuff. Probably just as much of a wait time wise.These kind of smiths are in high demand and are it takes time to get in front of them.

Look at Natchez on line, they carry hard to find parts. If they don't have it, give them a call and they could give you phone numbers of other old parts suppliers that might. I had this problem with an old 22, and they gave me 4 other suppliers to call.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu