Halibut suggestions

I've never had Alaskan halibut but the California halibut I try to pull out of the heat while it's still slightly raw in the middle and let it finish cooking on its own heat...Lately i've been keeping the skin on and one fish I just cut into steaks (keeping the skin and bones on) it helps it to keep moisture and makes a huge difference.

Sometimes I'll coat a fillet in mayo and grill it. The mayo "seals" the meat trapping moisture, filets stay supper juicy!

These are the fish from my last couple of local dives...

Halis.jpgHali.jpg

Either marinated in lemon juice, rosemary and olive oil or cooked menuire with a little lemon juice and white grapes.

Meant to post the other night but for the first round I went with the pan sear and covered it in a beurre blanc (lemon, white wine butter sauce ) for the side my wife whipped up some bacon wrapped asparagus. She likes to add "everything but the bagel" seasoning to the bacon and it comes out great! The halibut turned out better then expected.

Looks amazing!

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
Alaskan Halibut is the best for sure . I just finished off the last of mine . Like sprig said keep it simple butter , garlic , lemon for this guy . BBQ Butt is the Best put those cheeks in the cast iron though they are hard to get just right on a Barbie . Tightlines BF

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu