Handgun Rabbits

Handgun

Jun 28, 2014
Imperial Valley
We have rabbits! All you can shoot if you can tough the HEAT.

B97641E0-285C-4E64-AC2F-F20DBB5E3D94_zps34rvufyo.jpg

Bout 50 yds off the 'pod

8A31BD31-4992-48AA-B384-9BC68C5BAAA6_zpsjzo7jofx.jpg

Some jacks offhand

B212FF41-B047-4CB0-8C8E-2AFA74BC6725_zps4hvq71fx.jpg

CB751C8B-A1EE-4DE7-A296-E08CCAC61B9E_zpsrgmeydsy.jpg

Can you see him?

A0B93A45-7318-4D8A-A6BD-EE4785DE89C6_zpscjslhctl.jpg

Soak 'em in BBQ slosh 24hrs, cook 'em in same for three, IIRC, brisket recipe.

so if you have too many to handle wanna share where so i can com eout with a rifle. Im kinda tired of rabbits and shot guns.

I'm free evenings and weekends. Farmers would love less rabbits. Anywhere there is a field with bordering bushes there will be a bunch sunrise and sunset. Very few people hunt them, but lots of people shoot them if they see them, I see them dead and left even out of season, because it's too hot during season for most people, and they're a pest.

I get them because I live here, so I hunt early, go home and sleep in the A/C, and come back late.

looks good sounds good what part of the state are you in? I went today got 2 and had a great ime with the kids and will have some nice BBQ but id love to just sit with a 223 and go at them instead of walking all day in the bush

I am down in the Imperial Valley South of the Salton Sea by the Mexican border and Yuma, bit of a drive for you and then like a said you'd have to try and find something to do during the middle the day when it's well over 100. That's why there are so many rabbits down here or at least cottontails is because the season is during the summer when it's too hot to hunt them.

Hey I don't mind heat. If I can go down for euros I can go down for wabbits to. I'm planning atleast 2 trips I'm sept looks good anyway keep up the good work.

I really like handguns, 1911s and Ruger single actions. I compete in local action pistol type competitions, it is a lot of fun and might save your life someday to be able to shoot a handgun well.

I need to work on my rifle quite a bit more, I'd like to be over get coyotes out further. I have a compact Ruger Hawkeye in 260 Remington that I inherited. I need to get a scope on it and learn how to shoot long-range. I have some friends that shoot long-range and one of them went out with me hunting jacks one time and dumped a jack at 505 yards with his 260. Pretty cool.

One thing I learned from action pistol is under pressure and during excitement your accuracy becomes approximately half of what it is without pressure which is why it's a lot harder to shoot a flesh and blood Coyote than a piece of paper, plus the fact that he's moving too and you're probably in some kind of awkward position.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu