Handgun reccomendations for my 8 year old daughters first gun

Mergrath

Feb 3, 2012
Lakeside, CA
I'm thinking a little pea shooter in 22LR. I need something with a smaller grip for her. I want a safe, dependable gun.

Yes, this is on her Christmas list. ;D

My daughter. 12 now has always used the ruger mk3 It's the ruger standard and has lasted forever Small grip and light action. At 12 she now shoots 1911 45 and Springfield xd 45 no problem

Mergrath said:
CMPeterson said:
My 8 yr. old Daughter shoots her Moms Ruger LCR 22, and she needs help shooting the S&W 22A.

So she can handle the Ruger without assistance?

Thanks!
Yes, she is pretty tall for her age and not at all afraid of it, makes a big difference. My buddy has a 10Yr. old and she will not even grip the gun due to nerves.

Gspman said:
My daughter. 12 now has always used the ruger mk2? It's the ruger standard and has lasted forever Small grip and light action. At 12 she now shoots 1911 45 and Springfield xd 45 no problem
My daughter has also shot my MK3, but I do remember the trigger pull being too strong for her, but she was probably just seven when she shot that.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu