Happiness is knowing you're in bear country.....

breacher

Sep 4, 2012
Alpine, CA
These are from last year but though I'd share. I've got the bug for another bear........

My buddy and I came across this very high pond that clearly was home to a bruiser. We saw him several times but could never get close enough. I got winded on the one and only stalk I made on him. I still wonder if the bear I saw on that trip was the one I killed this year. I will never know......

Next time I'm going to roll around in that sh*t and make myself smell like another bear....... ;D

Attachments

• DSCN0612 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0612 (640x480).jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0603 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0603 (640x480).jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 75
What an amazing glassing spot! I want to hunts bears sooner than later.

Lungpopper said:
Looks like a ritual. :eek: Need to hang a treestand over that SH$T. ;)

Its an 8 mile hike in to that spot. There won't be a tree stand going into that spot unless you're packing in on horses. A brutal uphill hike in and equally painful on the knees coming out....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu