Has anyone used NuFletch?

Ajsnack

Jun 5, 2012
San Diego
I am interested in the NuFletch system and they have a good deal going from now until the end of the year. Buy 6 NuFletch and get 6 lighted nocks free. Anyone have them or seen them used?

http://nufletch.org/wpNuFletch/

I do not know how much they weigh, I am in contact with them I will ask tomorrow. But you do cut 2 3/4 inches off the rear off the arrow for them to fit.

"Think about this>> If you rapidly accelerate a long slim object that has mass in the front from a position at rest... the result is resistance... we have all seen it in videos.... the arrow buckles as the mass is suddenly shoved into motion. Now think about it..... we have a long slim arrow that has a higher mass in the front than anywhere else. HMMMMM>>> How and what does NuFletch offer to change this? Take the same length slim object...cut if off 2 3/4" (stiffen the shaft) install an aluminum insert into the tail, (stiffen the tail even more) add an aluminum ferrule (stiffen it more) then move the mass from say 12% back to 3-4% over center. FIRE again.... the stiffer shorter in carbon only... (but same length arrow as we first fired because of the addition of the NuFletch ferrule) again resists the immediate motion... this time however... the mass is closer to the middle so the resistance arc is much shorter...this short oscillation arc, "compared to the original higher oscillation arc" recovers almost immediately.... now the arrow flies down range without the heavy oscillation.... WHAT....are you suggesting that the arrow does not need to be FOC forward??????... NO>>>> I am proving that without the heavy oscillation present in the flight downrange, the arrow will fly more efficiently (less oscillation) and now has the ability to carry the extra weight we all freak out about downrange. The NuFletch arrow does not require the mass on the front to correct its oscillation cycle. The NuFletch arrow will deliver the extra weight downrange effectively because it flies with less movement (oscillation). The NuFletch arrow will continue downrange with less drag from oscillation and deliver the punch we require as hunters because the added weight of the arrow puts more mass in motion."

This is from a NuFletch employee that posted on ArcheryTalk. Also on average they add about 50 grains to your arrow.

Whatever works for you. After reading all that, I'd say its a gimick and they're claims are fluff. Try em out though, maybe they'll work.

It is an interesting concept but you would really have to spend some time trueing your arrow shaft and the face of your rear arrow insert. I don't see how loosing your FOC will help lead / stabilize the arrow but I'm sure time will tell if these are worth the money or not. These could be used to save some arrows where they were cut short or were trimmed due to breakage.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu