Headed down to hunt some quackers tomorrow

CMPeterson

Aug 18, 2013
Canyon Lake Ca
Going down for my first Duck Hunt with my Cousin tomorrow, Everyone assures me it will be one of my newest addictions. I will provide updates with photos as time allows.

Having a great time got 2 mallard hens 2 drakes and 1green wing teal and now going for phesant.

Attachments

• 20131116_071714.jpg
    20131116_071714.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 20
So we got to the blind by 5 and it was only a 2 minute walk on dryland, we were just hanging out waiting for the sun and at about 5:20 there was a massive flurry of ducks and I mean massive, my cousin who hunts this blind 3 times a month has never seen it like this. Hundreds of ducks were swarming the pond, they were landing and taking off in groups of 30-50 and we were just watching it like a movie. This lasted right until we heard the first shot go off, then we each doubled on our first two birds and it only took about an hour of very conservative shots to get another three each. Since our blind is the first one in the flyway we could not just shoot at every duck that flew by or we would have ruined the other blinds. Once we finished up, we went back to our family ranch and got some dove and 1pheasant for me and 2 for my cousin. What a day.........

Attachments

• 20131116_114309.jpg_thumb.png
    20131116_114309.jpg_thumb.png
    2 MB · Views: 128
Man, awesome day in the field for sure! not many duck bags look like that at the end of the day around here. Nice work on the pheasant too. Been a while since i've been duck hunting, kinda itchin to do it again soon.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu