Heading out to the sea

Thanks for taking us along Trap! Is that a trophy ridge react H5 sight? If so how to do like it?

Yea I like it, set the 20 yard pin and the rest move into place, really accurate at 40 and 60 based off the initial setting. The 20 was set at the indoor range and when took it outdoor with a cube the other distances held true. I also have it marked for the different fletchings. I am surprised I can hit anything as much as I bump it around but it holds.

Hunted out there a few times since I live in the general area you'll find a lot of rattlers out there and a few mt lions as well. A few people go out there just to shoot also.

Hunted out there a few times since I live in the general area you'll find a lot of rattlers out there and a few mt lions as well. A few people go out there just to shoot also.

I like hunting the desert, once the sun comes out and heats things up all the rocks and desert floor start moving. All kinds of stuff out there.

Reactions: sportyg
I'll be after them once the temps drop a bit. Going up in the foot hills right behind my house, we have a pack that comes down a round our houses at night one can find them about 4/4:30 Am in the field right behind my house . I walk my dog there about 4/5 AM there and sometimes she will only go so far and won't go on she'll just sniff the ground and the air and just stare in front of her then want to go home, letting me know they are still around. To bad one can't night hunt in Riverside County.

Reactions: AndrewSD
Did that awhile back Sureshot, no night hunting in Riverside county.. fish & game laws no problem, but county law says no.

So section 264 of the DFW code is cancelled out by Riv Co Ordinance 514 ?
Plenty of varmint guys legally hunting those desert areas at night under 264.

It is my understanding local county ordinances over ride the DFW codes be nice if I were wrong but don't think I am. Heck I could be shooting a good number of coyotes at 3 to 5 AM in the morning if that were the case. That is when they are mostly out around here and one can hear them yelping in the fields and hills behind my house.

I fish a lot and it seems every time I fish SV I see a yoty or 2, they are walking along the bank, all with in 25 yds, I yell and whistle but they pay no attention, I’m think of taking my bow and pop one but my luck some one would get me in trouble

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu