Headlamps

Mergrath

Feb 3, 2012
Lakeside, CA
What are you guys using? My Petzl took a crap on me so I'm in need need of a new one. I don't require much...durability, battery life and weight are my biggest needs. Save the strobe for the dance floor...or bedroom! ;) Recommendations?

Energizer from Walmart. I used to think all those high end brands were what I needed. I got the energizer one for around the house and ended up using it for all my hunts. Two years and it still works perfect.

i use the the hell out of the energizer brand 1 watt head lamps. They are great for the $ and zero reason for spending big bucks on a fancy head light.....

now when you want something a bit brighter this is it... its like a car head light on your head. I wear this as i drive the airboat, its that bright. The quality seems pretty good too
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261031699818?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

it has a couple power settings... on full blast its good for 45min to a hour. runs on lith ion batteries you can replace and buy online too. on low power it lasts a long time.

I'm running both the Surefire models ( Maximus and Minimus), they're very sturdy (metal body) and have a great beam that gives a strong even illumination, I like the ability to adjust the point of aim and the infinite beam intensity adjustment is nice and gives many hours of light at low settings. So far I have leaned toward using the single battery model because its less weight and more compact and carrying a couple extra batteries is lighter than the other rig. I just looked and they have a rechargable Maximus that looks much lighter. don't know anything about that one.

ive been using the energizer for 5 yrs now! great lil light. BUT, i also have a camo streamlight, that shines low green, hight green and bright white. i usually forget it at home though, so i end up using my energizer! LOL! 8)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu