Headlamps

Mergrath

What are you guys using? My Petzl took a crap on me so I'm in need need of a new one. I don't require much...durability, battery life and weight are my biggest needs. Save the strobe for the dance floor...or bedroom! ;) Recommendations?

Energizer from Walmart. I used to think all those high end brands were what I needed. I got the energizer one for around the house and ended up using it for all my hunts. Two years and it still works perfect.

i use the the hell out of the energizer brand 1 watt head lamps. They are great for the $ and zero reason for spending big bucks on a fancy head light.....

now when you want something a bit brighter this is it... its like a car head light on your head. I wear this as i drive the airboat, its that bright. The quality seems pretty good too
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261031699818?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

How long does the battery last on the CREE?

I use Petzl. The one I have I think it is four years old. 3 aaa batteries, that seem to last a long time.

it has a couple power settings... on full blast its good for 45min to a hour. runs on lith ion batteries you can replace and buy online too. on low power it lasts a long time.

I'm running both the Surefire models ( Maximus and Minimus), they're very sturdy (metal body) and have a great beam that gives a strong even illumination, I like the ability to adjust the point of aim and the infinite beam intensity adjustment is nice and gives many hours of light at low settings. So far I have leaned toward using the single battery model because its less weight and more compact and carrying a couple extra batteries is lighter than the other rig. I just looked and they have a rechargable Maximus that looks much lighter. don't know anything about that one.

ive been using the energizer for 5 yrs now! great lil light. BUT, i also have a camo streamlight, that shines low green, hight green and bright white. i usually forget it at home though, so i end up using my energizer! LOL! 8)

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will be looking at the Energizer since it sounds like that is what I am after.

Back