Heeeelp need to plan a duck hunting trip

H

Huntmup

Hi all. I'm pretty new to the site a week or so. Anyway.... My wife got me into the upland shot gun hunting (one day she said id like to try skeet so i baught her a shot gun and we never looked back) and now her b day is comming up and I need a duck hunting trip. We don't have a dog or a boat other then our lake boat. Does any one guide in the so cal area? We are in north la county but can drive for a hunt if its not too far or expensive. It's also our anniversary so I'd like to make its more then just the hunt.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Get hold of Bryant at Falling Feathers Ranch in Imperial Valey. He sometimes offers day/weekend hunts at his club....Nice place to shot, here is a link to a story....

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php?topic=3139.0

You will fall in love with duck hunting. It truly is an addiction. It is my favorite hunt. Going with a guide is a great way to get introduced to duck hunting, but it can get pricey. The local refuges do well but can get crowded. There are 4 that are relatively close.You have Wister down by Salton Sea, San Jacinto in Riverside county, Kern near Bakersfield and Mendota near Fresno. They all do well, but different people have different opinions on which one is there favorite. I have hunted them all except San Jacinto and Mendota is my favorite only because I have hunted it the most and know it well. I also don't have a dog, I don't have the time to dedicate to training one, but at the refuges you don't need one its just a lot more work slogging through the mud and water to retrieve your ducks. So Happy B-day to your wife and Happy Anniversary

Yes duck hunting isn't something to play with it can and probably will take over your life

Huntndogs said:
Get hold of Bryant at Falling Feathers Ranch in Imperial Valey. He sometimes offers day/weekend hunts at his club....Nice place to shot, here is a link to a story....

http://southerncaliforniahunting.com/huntersforum/index.php?topic=3139.0

I've shot at FFR, it's a wonderland when it's not raining...It was the most physically demanding duck hunt myself or my partner have ever come across when it was muddy. Great guys there and an experience I'll never forget none the less.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu