Hello from San Diego (Poway)! Anybody got squirels?

TomtomMck

Feb 2, 2014
This is Tom and I am a fairly new hunter from San Diego (Poway). Have hunted a couple days for pigs before, but not much else on land. I have been spearfishing for about 8 years and fishing since I was 6. So at 44, that's a long time. But I have my current hunter safety and will be renewing my hunting license.

Stay at home dad but I take Thursdays off to go "play" and recharge the battery, which usually includes fishing, diving or shooting. Just ordered a Savage 93r17 (17hmr) for squirrels and other small game and until it comes in and gets released from gun jail I have a 22. Also a couple scoped Mosins for the big stuff. Building them up right now.

Always looking to meet up with others for target practice or whatever including hikes/workouts with goal toward hunting fitness.

If you want to help a new guy out It'll be appreciated. Happy to help with rodent control in the back country if you need it. Respectable and safe.

Welcome, I just joined about a week ago and I must say this board is awesome. Really good people on here. I haven't hunted squirrel since I was a kid in my backyard, those were good times. Sounds like a lot of fun, I have a nice little Winchester 22 that I think would work well. ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu