Hello guys

Vidimus

Aug 11, 2020
Good to be here, another D16 shooter looking to join the elite 1% successful D16 public land club soon. Although given my track record of 0 for 5 so far the trend isn't looking good lol. TBH though I usually focus efforts outside CA but need to learn my home zone better. Looking to learn and contribute when I can, thanks!

Vidimus,

Welcome to SCH...The "16" can be tough, but had...If you can hunt Mon-Fri, do it...Like hunting 2 different zones.
Thanks, I haven't done that much but makes sense. I plan to camp out overnight on opening day rifle, did that one year and saw some action.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Welcome!! I agree hunting during the week is a different and better experience. To be successful especially on public land scouting is the key. Scout, scout , scout and then scout some more. Sometimes its just luck though. One morning hunting in D3 I walked out of camp and shot my deer less than 100 yards from camp. Went fishing for the rest of the week.

Welcome!! I agree hunting during the week is a different and better experience. To be successful especially on public land scouting is the key. Scout, scout , scout and then scout some more. Sometimes its just luck though. One morning hunting in D3 I walked out of camp and shot my deer less than 100 yards from camp. Went fishing for the rest of the week.
Yep, looks like its time to lay down some boot leather around here. the past few years I've taken annual trips out to KS for archery deer, or WY for antelope but with a growing family its tough to get away as much. Figure I need to focus more time and energy getting familiar with the home zone. I've done a bit of just hiking around CNF and off Sunrise so I know there are deer out there, just harder to find on weekends during hunting season.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu