Hello

Jefflesh

Oct 16, 2013
Hello everyone.

My name is Jeff and I am relatively new to the state of California. My wife, son, and I move here almost three years ago from Michigan and really haven't looked back.

We used to shoot in Michigan but I sold my guns during the move (mistake as I learned I could have brought them with me). My son who is going to be 15 in December and I are taking our hunter safety training class next wednesday, we have already completed the online portions and just need to complete the final four hour class.

We have picked up an AR-15, and will be picking up a Remington 700 SPS, 300 win mag later this week. I have bow hunted in Michigan and got a couple of bucks. We are looking forward to trying our hand in hunting here in Southern California starting with varmint and planning some deer hunting next season.

Looking for some help and advise from forum members on where to hunt and things to look for as I really don't know the area yet. I fully plan on getting out in the woods or desert for some hunting and time with my son.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu