Help with 2015 big game drawing.

Mocha a

Feb 10, 2013
Well my season is done for this yr but I want to start getting ready for next yr. Still a little confused on the big game drawing. What do you think of my tag choices. Also when do they start to take the applications for next yrs drawing?

First tag ( drawing)- PD,A31,D16 or PD,A31,D9"

Second tag will be D11 tag

You can draw all of those with 0 points. A better idea would to build up some points for an x-zone. X-zones give you a great opportunity on deer. For example, I would put 1. X-12 2. A-31 or d-16, then d-9.
X-12 is popular, you can draw it with 3 or 4 points. And you could go up there for a weekend or two and see an amazing amount of deer.

last year I hunted an x-zone and saw close to 100 deer in 3 days.

Don't mean to thread hijack, but I couldn't see a sticky. What is the earliest that we can apply for the big game drawing? This is my first time so I have 0 points. From a few threads I just read, I am under the impression that you apply for a big game animal and zone. If you are not chosen, you get a point towards that animal or you can opt to receive a point? Am I correct or did I misinterpret?

Any explanations and info is appreciated.

Here is a link to the 2014 CA Big Game booklet. Dates will be similar for 2015. All your other questions are answered as well.
https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=79825

It doesn't matter how soon you apply for the drawing. What matters is the DEADLINE!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu