Help with 2015 big game drawing.

Mocha a

Well my season is done for this yr but I want to start getting ready for next yr. Still a little confused on the big game drawing. What do you think of my tag choices. Also when do they start to take the applications for next yrs drawing?

First tag ( drawing)- PD,A31,D16 or PD,A31,D9"

Second tag will be D11 tag

You can draw all of those with 0 points. A better idea would to build up some points for an x-zone. X-zones give you a great opportunity on deer. For example, I would put 1. X-12 2. A-31 or d-16, then d-9.
X-12 is popular, you can draw it with 3 or 4 points. And you could go up there for a weekend or two and see an amazing amount of deer.

last year I hunted an x-zone and saw close to 100 deer in 3 days.

Don't mean to thread hijack, but I couldn't see a sticky. What is the earliest that we can apply for the big game drawing? This is my first time so I have 0 points. From a few threads I just read, I am under the impression that you apply for a big game animal and zone. If you are not chosen, you get a point towards that animal or you can opt to receive a point? Am I correct or did I misinterpret?

Any explanations and info is appreciated.

Here is a link to the 2014 CA Big Game booklet. Dates will be similar for 2015. All your other questions are answered as well.
https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=79825

Back