Henshaw....5-21-21

Steve:
What is the protocol for bass fishing at Henshaw? I don't keep them, but do you crimp down the barbs when you target bass? Also, what size crappie do you keep? Thanks for all the deer and turkey photos. Have my application in for D16.

Reactions: ilovesprig
You don't need to crimp your hooks at Henshaw, as for the crappie what ever size you like to clean.

Steve:
What is the protocol for bass fishing at Henshaw? I don't keep them, but do you crimp down the barbs when you target bass? Also, what size crappie do you keep? Thanks for all the deer and turkey photos. Have my application in for D16.

Bruce,

The limit on bass is 5 and crappie 25...I normally don't keep bass, but my mom & dad love them (92 & 93)...So, I did keep a couple yesterday...The size of crappie varies, but most are in the 1 lb range...We'll get after those "16" bucks... ;)

.IMG_1119.JPG

I see the old man has finally caught up to speed and is now wearing the almighty sitka! Looks good on ya.....!!!

Bruce,

The limit on bass is 5 and crappie 25...I normally don't keep bass, but my mom & dad love them (92 & 93)...So, I did keep a couple yesterday...The size of crappie varies, but most are in the 1 lb range...We'll get after those "16" bucks... ;)

.View attachment 49115
Steve:

Wife and I will try Henshaw today. Thanks for all your advice. Will try gigging at Will Valley next week.

Bruce,

Might be up this afternoon
Algae bloom really bad. Vis is 6 inches. We struck out. A few carp bites. Only other anglers were some Chinese gentlemen. Really friendly. Gave us pointers but we bombed out. Will try again later next week. Hopefully algae is down a bit. Still, beautiful day up there.

• Sad

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu