Hey all from the 16

Paul75_

Dec 15, 2018
Hey everyone I'm somewhat new to hunting deer. This will be my 3rd year hunting d16 and will be my second in D19... I work a lot so don't have time going to d19 to scout so picked a spot last year based on google earth scouting.. it'll be my second time going to d19 for at least 5 days..last year in d19 I saw does and only spike bucks but also a lot of other hunters at around 6000' last rifle season..also wondering if I'm going to d19 if I should bother buying a bear tag? Or what areas there are bear... I just camp near my truck and then hunt....
Okay so as for the 16 I'm from here and have killed one forky 2 years ago and a tag sandwich last year... Last year I used to live near mccain valley and invested a lot of effort there but I look at it like I'm making my own luck for the following year..(trying not to be disappointed lol)
But this year I've been bow hunting spot and stalk in the area I killed my only deer with a rifle and set my eyes on a bigger buck for the first time while hunting..so I'm super optimistic to say the least.
Only shitty thing is I made a blind out of branches, left a camping chair and a trail cam there and some asshole jacked both...
I made this account a few years ago and just never looked at it... I'm 27 and I'm from the rural east county of San Diego
✌️

Welcome, glad you’re getting after it Paul. Please make sure you read the regs.... there is no open bear hunt in D19. Becoming consistently successful in all the southern D zones is all about time in the field. Just keep showing up and it will come together. For a lot of us it is a glassing game.... gotta find them to kill them. See the bear hunting map in the regs below.

Thanks guys I've done a lot of my research and it's all a leaning experience.. my bro in law was supposed to come with me this year for deer to d19 and flaked out... So more confidence to try a different area rather than where I saw does and a spike.. good luck to all this year ✌️

Reactions: ilovesprig
The order will be over today. I called San Bernardino National Forest and other people have talked about Cleveland. Just got a check the forest's website and give them a call . I think everything opens back up tomorrow but better to check your specific Forest.

Reactions: Paul75_
Be careful out there I stopped hunting D19 years ago even though I lived in the zone and knew it well. To many tags sold for that zone and to many trigger happy people hunting it as well.

Reactions: Paul75_

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu