Hey guys, my D16 buck

Glennxj98

Nov 18, 2018
Hey Guys,
New to this forum, I wanted to share my D16 buck I harvested this veterans day, it was a solo hunt and a memorable one to say the least. I spotted him Saturday evening after glassing for two hours, made the plan to go back the next day. After waiting a while I decided to hike down where I had seen him before, 30 minutes into my hike I spot him starring at me and the rest is history. The fun started when the meat went in the pack lol

.20181111_190327.jpg20181112_020034.jpg20181111_083035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a great buck Glennxj98. Give us some more details. What cartridge, rifle, how far etc..
I usually hunt with my friends near Julian and that Saturday morning the area was too crowded for me, I got bummed out because a noisy hunter spooked a buck I was stalking since the morning. On my way home I stopped at an area I've been curious to check since my GPS marked it as a hunt zone. I waited and glassed for two hours, I glassed every bush to the point I started seeing moose and elk lol. Just when I wanted to call it quits, he pops out. Seconds after another buck follows and I wait , I make sure it's a legal buck and get my Rifle ready, as I am waiting for either buck to pop out of the shrubs I try to relax and breathe. I have a Tikka T3 lite in stainless steel, it's a 30-06. After a while I noticed no movement so I started to make my way down the mountain to locate them but was not successful, the only thing that popped out was a spike. I made a plan to go the next day in the morning and see what happens. Sunday morning I'm on my way to the area when a deer pops out along the side of the road, I took that as a good sign. I got to the spot and waited for them but nothing. I hiked my way down the mountain and as I'm walking on a deer trail, on the corner of my eye I see movement, it's not one but two bucks a spike and four does working their way up the hill. All of them kept going except the big buck, he starred at me from 100+\- yrds while I got ready to take him down. One shot, dropped him down and the rest is history. As I got near him I spot the other deer and see that the other buck was already taking the role of Alpha with the does lol20181111_082812.jpg20181111_084557.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu