Hi Everyone! Newbie here

h2opolosda

Jan 8, 2014
Hello!

My name is Daniel, and I want to start getting into hunting. I am an Eagle Scout and I have a good background in shooting. At boy scout camp I shot a few targets with a quarter sized spread 25 yards out with no optic, so I am comfortable with shooting. I want to get into Big Game hunting, because I really want good, fresh meat that I can eat! Hopefully I can develop enough skills to be able to hunt enough for me to eat for an entire year, (I eat about 1lb of meat per day) but I know that I need to start somewhere so here I am!

I'm hoping to maybe get some mentoring in what type of rifle I should buy, where good hunting areas are at, and even maybe take a trip alongside one of you by shadowing or something to learn!

Thank you!

Daniel

Welcome to the SCH website h2opolosda. We are glad to have you aboard!

Welcome Daniel! A full freezer is a good thing. We look forward to seeing pics of your success!
You came to the right place for info. Lots of good people here who can steer you in the right direction. Good luck!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu