High fence hunting isn't hunting

I have been High Fence hunting with my Dad. Yes its different, and its not for everyone.

My High fence experience was actually for my father. He was invited by a friend to hunt his high fence. The first day was going out and seeing all the deer and racks. Understanding of raising quality deer (that dont look mutated).

The next morning we woke up late and didnt see any deer. That evening the deer came out late my dad had his eye on a deer and as he was getting ready. The deer got spooked by a gun shot from outside the fence. It got to dark for him to see out the scope.

Next morning no deer again. And my Dad had to leave empty handed. I was asked to Cull a spike from the high fence. So I was sitting in the blind - the deer came out I went to put the barrel outside the blind and as I adjusted it - it bounce off the wood. All the deers look right at the blind (ground), I had to wait it out for them to relax and try it again - now in position, cross hairs on target, cocked the rifle, took safety off, breath - squeeze

CLICK -

All deer gone !!!!!

I have hunted several years with a bow and only about 6 years with a gun. But the same things that happen in really life hunting happen in the high fence.

Also my bow hunting was all done in Illinois. How to hunt whitetail - pattern them and sit on their trail. Fence or no Fence it all seems pretty easy - its everything else that make it hard

Hard is a term of fun....

Long story long - Sorry

Just love huntin, fishing and f'in off...

My kind of hunting requires intimate knowledge of the prey, a respect and love for the country and the general ecology within which you're hunting, said country's utter indifference to your life, a degree of discomfort which only makes the small comforts that much more luxurious, techniques and tactics to hunt your prey that only experience and lots of hard work can provide. High fence hunting requires none of these attributes. Therefore, I will not participate. I don't care what high fence hunters do, as long as their practices start encroaching upon my way of doing it.

I say to each there own.. We're all hunters. Let's not make it any harder on ourselves.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu