High Quality Brass Experiment (280 AI - Nosler versus Peterson)

I moved from 280 AI Nosler to Peterson and so far love it. I posted a link to this thread on Sniper’s Hide and someone pointed out that this data appears to be missing a leading zero? I measured a piece of my virgin 280AI Peterson and got .0160”.
Post in thread 'Peterson Virgin Brass Pressure Signs'
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...in-brass-pressure-signs.7163003/post-10781113

Great stuff though. I personally feel the Peterson is much better than the Nosler.

Apologize for the typo. I pasted from my spreadsheet so I have no idea how it lost the leading zero. Correction has been made.

Reactions: 280AI Hunter
Nosler brass is too soft. Peterson is great quality
That’s how I see it after shooting 700+ rounds of Nosler brass vs 200+ Peterson. Had a lot of premature pressure issues with Nosler due to the softness.

Someone likes Peterson because it’s like trying to find unicorn turds. Have another 100 pieces showing up today, that took me over a year to snag.

Apologize for the typo. I pasted from my spreadsheet so I have no idea how it lost the leading zero. Correction has been made.
Hey no apologies. I referenced your post when I was first considering Peterson and you steered me well. It became obvious that was simply a typo but the point was clear, Peterson faired better in that comparison.

It was just too easy for someone to discount your work based on that one typo, so that’s why I pointed it out.

Thanks again
Max
Wyoming

I get it...

What bullets and powder are you shooting/burning Max?

I get it...

What bullets and powder are you shooting/burning Max?

I have a 1-8.5 20 inch barrel. My hunting load was H4350, Nosler brass, 210 Match federal primers with Berger 168-vld hunting bullets. But that load was hot and I am trying for a better / less hot load currently.

With a brand new barrel, I am currently experimenting 168 VLD hunting & 162 ELD-x over H4831 & 4831sc respectively. This with Peterson Brass and the Federal 210 match primers.

I am running 20 inch because I hunt with a Ultra 7 Thunder Beast silencer.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu