Hit up lake cuyamaca yesterday

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
We'll I went up to lake cuyamaca yesterday to chuck around some big swimbaits and my buddy told me to bring my rod for throwing crappie jigs and I thought whatever I'm probably not gonna catch anything on the lil jigs.i threw a swimbait for a lil bit then noticed a rattler 2 feet from me and I don't think I've ever moved that as fast as i did to get away from that snake. I went over to where my friends dad was throwin jigs and havin no luck did 20 casts or so and on my last I said well this is my last cast till I return to swimbaits right as I said that I got hit and we started catching trout nothin big just little 1/2 pounders we all caught 2 then the crappie bite started at the same spot and we got 17 between us in 20 minutes then the bite stopped for the rest of the day. Didn't catch anything on the swimbaits besides a big picnic umbrella whitch straitened the hooks out on $25 swimbait lol. I'll try to post a pic of the trout but my buddy hasn't sent the pics yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fishing or hunting, gotta watch out for those critters. Did you get pics of the crappie ?

gteam said:
Fishing or hunting, gotta watch out for those critters. Did you get pics of the crappie ?
No pics of the crappie but they were bigger than the trout

I'm fascinated with snakes, but I would've whacked that thing. Especially where's there's kids, dogs, and fisherman..... :eek:

Love the "Mac"...........If the crappie were as big as the trout, then they're really growing........Most are about 4-6" long........Congrats on a fun day of fishin'

ilovesprig said:
I'm fascinated with snakes, but I would've whacked that thing. Especially where's there's kids, dogs, and fisherman..... :eek:

Love the "Mac"...........If the crappie were as big as the trout, then they're really growing........Most are about 4-6" long........Congrats on a fun day of fishin'
ditto

Ghost said:
ilovesprig said:

ditto
I tried to kill him but he was in the rocks but I couldn't see his head

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu