Hog hunting help?

Iv heard SDBIRDS on the forum has pigs creeping in to his back yard at night and getting in to his chicken feed, he's allowing guys from the forum to come hunt them.

Message him.

That goes for any other noob to the forum that reads this

Lol. Best response ever. Seriously though, people work way too hard to just give out info like that. Public land maps and boots on the ground will go a long way.

stikbrandon said:
Iv heard SDBIRDS on the forum has pigs creeping in to his back yard at night and getting in to his chicken feed, he's allowing guys from the forum to come hunt them.

Message him.

Awsome thanks

Lungpopper said:
stikbrandon said:

Message him.

Awsome thanks

Not a problem ! SDBIRDS Likes to help out hunters that are just starting out or are want to shoot there first WILD hog, I think he enjoys putting people on the pigs that pillage his chicken
Feed

stikbrandon said:

Message him.

Ha I took care of that hog problem. Turns out a taxi took her away for me.

Thanks! I'm kinda looking for someone if they wouldn't mind taking me out and show me how to hunt them as well you know of anyone willing to do so?

Yea. Lungpopper, NBK 8steeltown and BuckHunter !! Just message them

I might take someone to my spot but they have to drive and pay for food and hotel. It's up north outside of gilroy.

Do a guided hunt then you'll know what to do on public land........good luck

I don't know where that is but it's on 2 back to back private ranches near the wild life area they have youth hunts on. Not 10 min out side of town.

Ah, I think I know what ranch. Copernicus peak area is state land as far as I know. Upper Cottonwood is an ok place for pigs. I've seen them once and seen day old sign about every time I hike out there.

... not anymore. Look, to each their own on their own style of hunting, helping, and the such, but regardless of whether you don't hunt a spot anymore or you think it's void of game, putting it in plain site is just blowing a spot out. You can go on google or whatever and do some searching for pig hunting spots and this specific forum topic WILL pop up as a search result. Just sayin... hunting is hard enough without every yahoo who doesn't spend the time to scout out in a spot not knowing what they're doing. Send it in a p.m. Put the time in. Better to be safe than advertising. I'm not calling anyone out so don't get offended... or do.

8SteelTown said:
... not anymore. Look, to each their own on their own style of hunting, helping, and the such, but regardless of whether you don't hunt a spot anymore or you think it's void of game, putting it in plain site is just blowing a spot out. You can go on google or whatever and do some searching for pig hunting spots and this specific forum topic WILL pop up as a search result. Just sayin... hunting is hard enough without every yahoo who doesn't spend the time to scout out in a spot not knowing what they're doing. Send it in a p.m. Put the time in. Better to be safe than advertising. I'm not calling anyone out so don't get offended... or do.
Yeah, that's just a word to the wise. Lots of folks viewing these posts, so best to save specific names for a private discussion by PM.

How about a pubic land pig area sticky? Just list all the public land hunting areas that may have pigs. Easier to just post up a map of CA and say, "find'em". That's what I get when I'm out scouting and ask someone. Find'em.
If you want a "sure" thing go guided. I've been thinking about it lately, just need the funds or a group.

Back