HOGS WILD HOG HUNT

Larry Cochran

Utah Buck 2010
Jan 8, 2011
Alpine, Ca
The SCH crew went to Hogs WIld on our first group hunt. We saw several pigs the first day we got there but all were pretty small somewhere between 30 and 50 pounds. On the second day I sat in an area for 11 1/2 half hours and was able to take a small 60 pound pig. I knew I was in a good area and that I had to wait them out. We were able to take two pigs on Saturday, the other pig was taken by Rick the same evening I got mine. His was a bit larger in size probably weighed 80 pounds. I highly reccommend going to Hogs Wild and giving them a try. The accomodations were nice and they have everything there you can ask for. Give Larry a call at HogsWild he handles the archery hunting area and his son handles the rifle hunts.

Archery Hunters – Hogs Wild – Larry Greve
P.O. Box 355
Coalinga, Ca. 93210
Phone: (559) 935-5788
Fax: (559) 935-0759
Rifle Hunters – Hogs Wild – Jeremy Fairbanks
P.O. Box 355
Coalinga, Ca. 93210
Phone: (559) 707-9159

I hunted at hogs wild about 5 years ago. the accomadations were very nice. The main thing i didnt like is that it was a fenced in hunt. they never told us that before we got there. It was the first time i hunted pig with a bow and i got a lot of experience in a short weekend which was nice. I have been hunt at the Tejon Ranch and public land since then and recomend trying Tejon. There are a lot of pigs and wide open country.

The archery area is 600 acres that is fenced in and has alot of areas for the pigs to hide. It was my first time to the area and learned a lot as you said Jeff. I will hunt the area a bit different, I learned where the pigs were on the last day when I was hunting with Mike. I was able to take a smaller pig on Saturday evening. I do want to hunt Tejon ranch though, it is closer to me by about an hour and half and as you say it has a lot of pigs. If you learn to hunt Hogs wild you can get yourself a huge pig. It was a great first time experience.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu