Horn Hunter Packs? Input on Kifaru?

amack26

Feb 29, 2016
Orange County
Just curious if anyone else on here uses the Horn Hunter Full Curl System? I bought one (its the best I could afford) and think its an amazing pack for the price. I would love to hear input from other sch users as to what packs they prefer.

Mystery Ranch for me 8 or 9 years no rips or tears carries 100# no problem easy cleanup in the crew cab model.....heard good things about Kifaru

I just went thru a pretty tough decision. I use a Eberlestock X2 and found although it does well for gear, heavy weight is not good for it. At the SHOT show and stores since November I tried on Badlands, Hornhunter, Mystery, more Eberlstocks, Glacier and EXO3500. I decided in the Kuiu Icon. They just ended a 25% sale. The older I get the more weight matters to me. I got the 1850 because I only do day trips. But the load hauler option is great. Expensive even when on sale like optics, by it once. They are all good and I liked the Hornhunter a lot. But the Kuiu is 4lbs....

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu