Hornady ELD-X Bullets - Long Range

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
Fine Firearms just received the first shipment of Hornady ELD-X bullets yesterday and I have my box waiting for testing.

This is new technology with "real" advertised BC's derived from Dopler Radar.

I have the 6.5mm 143 grain with a G1 BC of .625. I can't wait to see how they fly out of my 6.5mm RSAUM. Recommended twist rate is 1-8" But I think the 1-8.5" will work fine. It shoots the Berger 140's like a champ. I am going to try and find time tomorrow to test a few loads with H1000. Very excited...

Attachments

• 20151219_115944.jpg
    20151219_115944.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
wow that is .025 better than the burger VLD! that thing is going to stay supersonic for a long long time

And the bullet is designed to stay together as well as expand at all velocities. Should be a dandy! That is why I am so excited! :)

I did not get a chance to load and get out today. Work got into the way. Hopefully I can get out in the next few days before Christmas.

Amazing group! Your rifle is a winner. What did it measure and how many shots was it?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu