How a Cholla Cactus Works

• Thread starter Deleted member 27310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27310

this is funny and painful
https://youtu.be/KPIwlTCtPLY

hope link works if not please delete moderators

My dog got into it exactly 1 time. After that I trained him just like snake avoidance class not to get near the stuff. Now he knows it by small and stays away. It was not a fun day. I do always carry small hemostat's just in case For people or the dog.

Dogs and cholla don't mix well. We carry either a steel toothed comb or afro hair pick to pull the cholla ball off the dog and then use either a leatherman or hemostats to get the remainder.

Oh man! I was waiting for him to pry it off with the stick and have it land on his foot! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dogs run into the dead thorns on the ground while quail hunting.....hemos and a comb along with some magnified glasses helps. Furry paws makes it harder than short hair.......a buddies GSP gets them in his tongue from bitting them out of his paws. That was fun getting those out

Only took once with my dog. He now avoids those and buzz worms.

Do those kids in the video kiss rattlesnake noses too? Leave that stuff alone!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu