How common is theft?

Jul 17, 2017
I am pretty new to this site and I have seen a few posts recently where guys are talking about their stuff getting stolen. So my question is this, How common is theft of equipment on public land? Is there certain areas where more stuff gets stolen? I have a few cameras in the Laguna area but no problems with them (knock on wood). Does anyone ever have luck getting their stuff back? Thanks.

Thieves come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.... Sucks!! I hate thieves more than any other parasite!!! I work hard for what little i have. As does everyone else... Thievery should not tolerated!!! Broken hands is the way in the tattoo industry..............

Reactions: longbowhunter2
I have 4 cams in Laguna Area all with lockers and iron case, last saturday in 1 they try open the iron case, in other I set up cam on small tree , so the thief just cut the tree.
Last year in other place in laguna area someone steal my ladder.
If your plan is hunt that area keep your treestands and trailcams with lockers, and install 2 treestands as minimun.

I am pretty new to this site and I have seen a few posts recently where guys are talking about their stuff getting stolen. So my question is this, How common is theft of equipment on public land? Is there certain areas where more stuff gets stolen? I have a few cameras in the Laguna area but no problems with them (knock on wood). Does anyone ever have luck getting their stuff back? Thanks.
Its as good as gone

I lost a camera and a ladder to a tree stand last year. They took a chainsaw out and cut down the tree, to get the camera. Three years ago I lost a stand and ladder. A lock only keeps an honest man...... honest. Pieces of crap will find a way to get your stuff. I actually went so far as to use gorilla glue to stick pieces of tree bark onto my trail cameras to make them blend in better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu