Hunter mauled in SBDO/RVSD

Read another article and Facebook.....His arm is in real bad shape....His son either killed it or beat it off of him.

ps....PETA type folks are going crazy....I'm sure they'll try and ban all bear hunting soon.

Story from local forum is he did not wait long enough after the shot and ran up to the bear. Bear was dispatched with a firearm from one of the other two in the group resulting in an investigation. His eye is pretty bad also

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

From what understand this happens a lot in alaska, we are not told about it.
Any one what state this occured this was at?

Last edited:
Story from local forum is he did not wait long enough after the shot and ran up to the bear. Bear was dispatched with a firearm from one of the other two in the group resulting in an investigation. His eye is pretty bad also

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the update. Glad there was a gun in the group. Hope the guy recovers his sight.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu