Hunter orange?

Tbob

Dec 11, 2014
Dumb question, but New to so cal deer hunting. For the D-16 rifle season is hunter orange required? Thanks!

Not required but recommend for the opener. I've seen a lot of people on the opener until I found my current spot I've never seen another hunter there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely wear for opener. I usually keep at a minimum of a beanie or hat just to have something to make me more visible.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I hunted D16 and just had an orange hat on my pack and would set it a few feet away from me. Numerous times glassing people would be walking trails and be pointing up at my hat. Definitely helps to let others know you're in a certain spot and they should be courteous to walk around.

Awesome! Thanks guys. I have a vest, hat and a square to stick on my pack. I'll be wearing it, just wasn't sure if it was required and if so how much is required. Thanks gang! Can't wait to get out there!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu