Hunting 10/13 and 10/14 .

Gteam1

Oct 13, 2012
www.youtube.com
So for the opener of d-11, my dad, little brother, cousin and i went north to try to find some bucks. Our plan was to go and hike in on a trail where we know there is deer, but what do you know somebody got to the trail before us. So we drove to a high point and started glassing. About 900 yards away we saw the biggest Socal buck ever, i recently shot a 30 inch 5x4 and the buck we saw was comparible to that. Amazing looking animal. Around 9 the person left the trail we wanted to hike so we hiked in just to see if anything was still moving around. We hiked in about 2 miles and did not see anything, but on our way back my cousin went to a high point and 3 deer busted out 10 yards in front of him. He could'nt see what they were so i ran down the trail and before i could get 20 yards a monster doe ran right in front of me and almost took me out. The doe looked like a cow, im saying its a doe because it happened so fast and could'nt get a look at its head to see if it had headgear. Exciting day even if we didnt shoot anything.
10/14
We went to a local A-31 spot and split up. I went high and my dad, cousin and little brother went low. It was dark when i got to where i was going to glass but as soon as light came up.. i started seeing deer everywhere, no shooters but i saw 2 spikes chasing does and 7 does alone feeding. As for my dad, bro and cousin they saw 3 does, a monster forky and a rattle snake. Really windy which is why i think we didnt see any of the big boys chasing does, but still another good hunt with the Gteam.

Hey Gteam, Great D11 report. Did you try to put a stalk on those two bucks?
Congrats on your 5x4. Was it out of state? Post up a picture with some details for us.

Jim,

That buck he talking about is a bruiser. He took it with bow in A31. His post is up on Jesse's Hunting.

Gteam1 posted a video on SCH in Big Game under MY DECEMBER RUT HUNT. you can check it out there.

Gteam1 is working on his story for the A31 buck. SCH hopes to have the story and pics up soon.

Thanks
SCH

Hey Gteam1 always fun to be out and locating deer even if you don't take one.

Lungpopper said:
Gteam1 posted a video on SCH in Big Game under MY DECEMBER RUT HUNT. you can check it out there.

Gteam1 is working on his story for the A31 buck. SCH hopes to have the story and pics up soon.

Thanks
SCH.

Awesome video. But I don't think that was a A31 hunt.. A31 is LA mountains either sex archery tag.

Lungpopper said:
The video is the round valley junior hunt. Gteam correct me if i'm wrong but I think it's j10
The monster A-31 buck is my dads, we're almost done with the story and Lungpopper the zone is j12 i think

BuckHunter said:
Lungpopper said:

Thanks
SCH.

Awesome video. But I don't think that was a A31 hunt.. A31 is LA mountains either sex archery tag.

Jim,
funny that u say A31 is L.A mts cus its true,i ran into a paisa out in santa barbara and who was bowhunting swearing that where he was,was also A31 and i argued with him for a min or 2 and was like o.k ur riite?watever u say!but he was trying to tell me A31 can pass for anywhere in L.A county.is santa barbara even L.A county???????

I'd need to check on that. I think that is A32 up there.

From what Ive gathered by looking at CA zone maps:

a31 is Los Angeles ONLY
a32 is Ventura County and part of Los Angeles County
Santa Barbara County is covered by the general A zone tag only.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu