Hunting Alaska?

Hallx7

Jul 31, 2013
Corona
Anyone had any experience hunting in Alaska as out of state?
My buddy is being transferred to Kodiak in a couple months. Just curious what peoples experience is with non residents licensing and if anyone had been able to get tags over the counter.

Thanks

Well the awesome thing for you is that now you have a guide. You can hunt with your buddy who will be a resident and won't need an actual guide for certain animals like brown bear and grizzly. Gonna send you a PM.

Thank you both. Definitely getting me headed in the right direction.

Looking forward to getting an opportunity to hunt up there. Luckily a lot of the guys he's stationed with also hunt and have been there for a few years.

Sounds fun! Am I right that Kodiak Island is home to the only resident elk herd in AK?

Sent via Tapatalk

Bonejour said:
Sounds fun! Am I right that Kodiak Island is home to the only resident elk herd in AK?

Sent via Tapatalk

Not sure about that one but my buddy said some of the guys stationed there now have gotten some pretty nice elk

Here is a link:
http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=elkhunting.main

Sent via Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu