Hunting Binoculars

spot dropper

Oct 7, 2012
Hey all! I was wondering what is the best hunting Binoculars for around 100 to 200 bucks? I don't want anything too heavy but really clear. Thanks for any info!

If you can up it to around $400 you will be able to find some binos that you would be happy with. The $200 lower price you will have a hard time finding something that would be considered decent.

Hey Spot Dropper,

I want to be frank with you - I am not sure that "really clear" and $100-200" are synonymous. Maybe someone else knows something I don't, but my recommendation is to save up $400 and get the 8.5 x 40 Leupold NorthForks. Fine Firearms bought 20 sets on closeout and they are a hell of a set of Bino's for $400. What's more, they are LungPopper endorsed! ;D

It is not uncommon to spend 2-3 times as much on good binoculars, tripods and spotting scopes than on your rifle or bow.

One thing is for sure, there is no substitute for good glass when you are hunting. If you surround yourself with hunters who kill big animals and do it consistently, they all have one thing in common. They use good glass. I have been on many a hunt where good glass made the difference between going home with nothing or ending up with a trophy of a lifetime.

Snake Charmer, OneAZBowhunter and others will tell you the same thing. If you can, save a couple hundred more. You won't regret it.

In most cases more expensive is not necessarily better, but with glass the more you spend the more you get! Really good bino's start at about $1000 and go up. But like the Leupold's and some others, there are some good sets of glass to be found at a fairly reasonable price.

Ok thanks for the info guys. I think I will save a couple extra bucks and go with the better set. I just bought a Mark AR scope for my .223 from Fine Firearms and love it. I also have a Leupold spotting scope and love it too. I guess I will just round out the whole set and go with Leupold Binos too haha

Those guys at Fine Firearms are awesome and have the best customer service I have ever seen from a store. A week after I bought my scope. The man that introduced me to the site and sold me the scope called and let me know about a rebate I was eligible for. Class Act

Reactions: Moves
No B.S. spend the most you can afford on glass, junk is junk and quality is quality. You'll spend more time using your bino's than anything else. If it strains your eyes it wont get used and you wont find game. A glass investment is more important than a weapon investment if you firearm hunt. Spend the money and you wont be disappointed.

give a look into zen -ray binos..i have a pair of there "summits" and i am very happy with them...top quality without the top quality price...

I've looked through some $300 Vortex that were very nice. I love my Cabelas (metopa) euro's.

Also, a tripod will make a good pair of binos great.

I've been using the Vortex Vipers for a couple seasons now and am truly impressed. I had the Nikon Monarch glass before this and like the Vortex better for the same price range. I will say that I have had the opportunity to look through the high end glass and I thought it was amazing clarity. Some people say that it isn't worth the extremely added expense but...this is what we love to do. SO...someday...i'd like to add one of these to the arsenal. It's just money...lol

+1 for spending a little more on glass. I've got a cheap-er pair of Nitrex(Weaver) binos that I got for about $150 on closeout. At the time, they were better then the $50 POS Barksa's that a friend had loaned me. The Weaver's are ok, but if you glass for more then a short time you get eye strain something fierce! I see Leupold in my future......

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu