Hunting Clubs to join?

vincent5253

Jun 29, 2014
Menifee,Ca
Hi there I was wondering is there any hunting clubs to join? Since im a newbie at hunting and Im planning on going cotton tail hunting Is there any hunting clubs around me in my area that focus on new hunters and big game and small and etc.?

Never hunted up that way.
Have you tried using this interweb thingy?
If you have the $$ they will probably focus on you.

Search for hunt clubs near mennifee ca
or maybe riverside ca hunt clubs?

Buying a local BLM area map, could help you. Time in the field helps. Search the web for tips on hunting the things you wish to hunt. The best part of this game for me is figuring things out on my own. I STILL spend a lot of time looking around for new places I may hunt.

Some don't; won't or can't put the time in. Clubs can be pricey but they work for some.

Good luck and welcome to the insanity we call hunting.

Not a lot of hunt clubs in SoCal.........Wilderness Unlimited used to have a presence in San Diego Co., but no longer. All NoCal for most game now......They do have duck clubs, some pheasants, and dove properties in the Imperial Co.......A buy in, then I think it's $1,600.00 a year........1-877-611-4868

Rey River Ranch Club.......They offer deer, turkey, planted pheasant, and pond fishing. It's a buy in type operation. With an option to be a stock owner......The property has a couple of ponds and a pretty good turkey population. It's main stay is it's planted pheasant program. Cost used to be around $5-7,000 to be a shareholder......Then it's $200.00 per year......Keith Steinberger was the GM.....619-993-4874

There's also Greenhead Duck Club. Which isn't really a duck club......Flighted mallards are their mainstay. They do offer planted pheasants.....They have very nice trap, skeet, and sporting clay ranges......They also have a large pond you can see from Int. 8 for fishing.......Cool place, but not really a hunting club........Very pricey.

Here in North SD County and not far from you is My Country Club (MCC).......The headquarters are at Lake Henshaw Resort off of Hwy 76 (760-782-3503 ask for Janice or Frank Mendenhall)........They offer deer, turkey, dove, quail, varmint, squirrel, band-tail pigeon, and rabbit hunting.

The total acreage that you can hunt is about 70,000 acres. Of which, about 45,000 of it is on the Vista Irrigation Districts land. There are two beautiful properties on Mt Palomar along with ponds for fishing. There is also a very large ranch in the Mesa Grande area that is hunted.

Included in the membership is the hunting & fishing of Lake Henshaw.......Waterfowl season historically starts Dec 1st.......The lake is open to the public Wednesday & Saturday, but only open to members on Sundays......Fishing is available year round......Bow fishing for carp has gotten very popular up there.

The cost is $250.00 per month with a one year contract.......If you would like a tour of the property call Larry Whyte (760-533-8885). He's available most week-ends.

Hope this helps a little.........I'm a member of MCC and have shot at all the above clubs.

Funny John. ;D
It may be just what he's looking for.....

There are others up by you that Steve didnt mention. Tejon is one. Don't know what prado has to offer. All it takes is time and money.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu