Hunting D-15 as a newbie

fanzaldua

Sep 1, 2015

Hello all, my dad and I have just recently got into deer hunting making this upcoming season our first. I'm 17 and have been gaining any knowledge possible to further my results as a deer hunter. I've hunted upland game birds just about all my life so this is something I know very little on. I've done my research and know my rules, regulations, etc. Upon investigating and studying the D15 area I've heard and read that it's not exactly ideal.. but we're always up for a challenge. That and a bad day hunting is better than any day working. Any tips for us and the area we have a tag for? We're going to be using a Remington 783 30-06. Any advice is appreciated.

Do you live near by. Cause I literally live 10 min from the gate. I'm up there quite a bit and I know the northern part pretty well except half of it closed due to last years fire. But there are still good areas to hunt. Let me know if you and your dad are interested.

We live in north county (San Diego) but more specifically Escondido. So we have a little drive up there but we're not too far out. We're definitely interested! We're looking for any guidance we can get so we don't go in stomping blind spooking the deer. Also so we don't have the entire Sheriff's department conducting a felony stop on us while we were just out hunting.. As long as it's not a bother to give us a run down or help us out then we would be grateful!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu