Hunting decline in Cal.

GUNDOGLOVER

Dec 5, 2018
As of Sept. 1st this year there were 190,060 hunting license sold. In 2018 there were 200,379. In 1980 there were 509,000. While new gun laws caused the sharp decline, there were other contributing factor. but non-toxic availability was a major factor. there were also issues with new laws regarding the purchase of ammo. The left may never be able to take away our weapons but they are making it more difficult to own and shoot our weapons. One law at a time.

I myself have decided to give California what they want. I’m not hunting in this state again. I would much rather spend my hard earned money in a state that promotes hunting and 2A rights.

I myself have decided to give California what they want. I’m not hunting in this state again. I would much rather spend my hard earned money in a state that promotes hunting and 2A rights.
I would need to check to be certain but, I think 2007 was the last year I hunted Cal. I'm leaving the 22nd for ten days of hunting in Northern Wis.

Reactions: Nuevo
You have to blame those idiots who elect Satan's angels into office. They have destroyed our freedom and everything that goes with the 2nd amendment. The "Demons of the Demoncrat Party" will take and tax the oxygen that you breath next.

I’ll soon be going back and forth between Oregon and so cal. Not sure what hunting popularity and sentiment is up there. Going for family reasons. I hope it’s not as libtarded as cal.

I’ll soon be going back and forth between Oregon and so cal. Not sure what hunting popularity and sentiment is up there. Going for family reasons. I hope it’s not as libtarded as cal.

Kevin,

It's getting there because of one city, Portland (probably the college towns too)...Blue state now.

The blame lies in "victimization culture", "blaming culture" and in power-hungry politicians cashing-in on emotionally-driven sensationalism legislation getting passed. These persons do not take the proper amount of time to seriously reflect and think about all possible ramifications of a new piece of legislation and I doubt they ever bother to think about how it will affect even their own children!

But mostly our litigious society is to blame. This started the trend of it not being your own fault.

Also cinema... for somehow poisoning peoples minds into believing guns are these evil death-ray lasers that will just go off on their own in a rampant tirade of destruction and mayhem... without requiring a user! AND this same media... somehow has sickened peoples minds that they believe if a teacher had a .38spl snubby it'd do absolutely no good against somebody with the mythical AR15.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Don't forget the universities indoctrinating the youth to live a liberal life style, along with their beliefs.

BINGO! Even back when I was in school (I'm referring to elementary and jr/sr high)...I remember how they were ALREADY trying to infect kids with anti-gun sentiment! And that was like 40yrs ago!

Reactions: sportyg
You'er Preaching to the choir people.........

Dems are not just part of the problem, THEY ARE THE PROBLEM!!!

A buddy says, but i don't vote along party lines. i said change your party. he said well, well, well. I said loose my number goon.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu